Health and safety
E.H.L. Construction cares about the health and safety of its workers, clients and partners. For this reason, the company has developed a health and safety program containing specific methods and procedures to ensure projects are carried out safely and accidents prevented
Each project that E.H.L. undertakes has its own action plan. Our specialists study the nature and requirements of each project; identifying underlying risks and determining the preventive measures that are needed to carry out the work safely. Team members receive the information and E.H.L. sees to it that it is applied through each step of the project.
Our safety slogan “Zero Accident policy” describes not only what we do, but our values and culture. Our most important asset is our people. That’s why safety is an integral part of our job.
Culture of Safety
On our job site crews hold mandatory daily meetings to address current Health & Safety issues and ensure our workers adhere to our safety commitments.
E.H.L. Construction’s Health &Safety Program provides:
- Corporate policy, assigned responsibilities, and workplace rules
- Environmental policy, hazard assessment, and controls
- On-going work orientation, training and education, and communication
- Job-specific safe work practices and procedures
- Equipment operation and maintenance practices and procedures
- Safety requirements and systems that focus on management, employee, and trade contractor awareness to reduce the risk of workplace incidents
- Leading and lagging indicators, audits, and reporting
- Emergency management and response systems and procedures
- A restricted work program so any injured employee can continue safe and meaningful work during recovery
- Supervisor safety training
- A mentoring program
- First aid training
- A workplace hazardous material information system
We see safety as a continuous drive for achievement and improvement, because safety benefits everyone. At E.H.L, we are committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our workers, clients, and communities where we operate.